Riverside Research is seeking a Senior-level Radar Systems Engineer to support our Radar Assessment and Development (RAD) Group in Dahlgren, VA. The ideal candidate possesses solid experience in system-level design and integration, signal processing, analysis and verification of radar systems, simulation drivers, mission data processing, and forensic analysis. This position is focused on system simulation, algorithm development, the production of data analysis tools.
• Radar system and mission performance assessment, including detection, track, object classification/discrimination performance
• Technical data analysis for a wide array of engineering problems involving large-scale radar systems. These may include ground-based and mobile radar platforms that track ballistic missile and earth-orbiting targets
• Develop data analysis and regression tools for the operational test of a radar systems
• Investigation and root-cause analysis of system and software performance anomalies
• Assistance with system modernization and system architecture studies
• Test support, algorithm prototyping, and simulation, developing test plans and supporting test events for a radar system
• Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), algorithm prototyping, and simulation
• Investigation and mitigation of system and software performance anomalies
• System and mission requirements analysis, feasibility studies, system modernization and architecture studies
• Assist in developing a radar signal simulator based on scattering center models and rigid body dynamics.
• Develop MATLAB tools to analyze system resource utilization in stressing scenarios
• Develop radar simulation code based on models developed in-house and in open literature
• Support the development and testing of RAD’s Own the Technical Baseline (OTB); a tool for assessing reliability and maintainability of radar systems
• Develop system metric comparisons tools to illustrate performance trends within the threat space to facilitate system design and implementation updates
• Research novel waveform techniques to reduce overall timeline and radar resource utilization during time-intensive data collection such as SAR imaging
• Investigate beam-broadening techniques for phased array radar using penalty/barrier methods and convex optimization
• Other duties as assigned.